Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Friday, Bloody Friday....

Yes folks, it's that time of year again.  And what time would that be, you might ask?  The time of year that starts with yet another surgery!!!  In the immortal words of Winnie the Pooh, "Oh bother." 

It's been 11 months since my last surgery and I've not fully healed.  Dr.  Lee came in, hoping that the Christmas miracle had taken place on my backside, and much to his dismay I'm still not healed.  I was expecting this, and went immediately downstairs for my pre-op workup so I can just arrive and get cut on Friday.  We don't know the time yet.  They call Thursday at 1:30 to let us know. 

Here's where it gets interesting.  Most patients, including Crohn's patients, eventually heal.  The fact that I've not yet done so is both bothersome to Dr. Lee and myself.  He is a brilliant surgeon, so this isn't a reflection on his abilities and skill, but a reflection of just how random my body decides to heal sometimes.  His concern is that when he goes in, if he sees something major going on, he'll have to close me back up and I'll have to undergo another surgery from both the abdomen and tush again.   I'm really really hoping that's not the case.  I was quite pleased that my abdomen was finally healed, and do not want to open that Pandora's box again. 

Also, got a call from the hospital today saying the anesthesiologist wants me to go to the cardiologist tomorrow (based on my past history in my charts) to make sure all is okay.  I'm a bit concerned because they keep telling me my EKGs are fine, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is there.  Will post tomorrow with those results. 

So.  Friday.  Me, Dr. Lee, a scalpel, and anesthesia.  And another lovely round of purple hospital grade super glue for my butt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment