Wednesday, March 2, 2011

just call me honey buns.....

or was it sweet cheeks?  I just can't seem to get away from the lovely tush analogies.  Smearing a butt with honey will do that to a person.  Let's just hope I'm done using the medihoney by summer.  I don't feel like being chased by bees...

Again, I find myself back using medihoney to try to heal the surgical sight.  My antibiotics have been switched from dicloxacillin to bactrim.  I'm just not healing.  Still.  Frustration is abounding on all sides, from Dr. Lee because he performed the surgery by the book and my body hates healing for no good reason.  I asked Dr. Lee what the chances are that this could really happen a second time, and he just kind of looked at me with a "your body sucks at healing" look.  For the healing issues to happen once, especially with Crohn's Disease, not out of the realm of possibility.  For history to be repeating itself, especially when the second surgery was done so well and looked like there should be no cause for it not to?  Yeah....welcome to my body.  And trust me, it isn't as much fun as it sounds wearing sweats all the time. 

I'm staying in sweats because the tush scar tissue gets chaffed if anything tighter than sweats rubs against it.  I tried very loose fitting corduroy pants, and they put so much pressure on the area and chaffed so badly I couldn't wait to get back into sweats.  I can NOT wait until I'm finally healed up, and I'm hoping that will be sooner than later.  Oh, for skinny jeans and 4" heels again.   

I go back next week.  Will update after that.  All I know is we are not waiting a whole year again to see if I'll eventually heal.  We'll be a bit more proactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment