Wednesday, March 16, 2011

surgery on hold....for now...

So, went to see Dr. Lee first thing Monday morning.  You know that you're there more than you should be when 1, all the nurses recognize you by name and 2, the office and booking staff says "you're back already?  that's NOT a good thing." 

Dr. Lee examined me and came up with one of two situations to have caused what I went through on Saturday.  Because I'd had some pelvic pain prior to this happening he thinks that it was possibly a pocket of leftover fluid from the last surgery that got trapped inside and forced its way out through my reproductive areas as the path of least resistance out of my body, and that it was a one time thing and it will not happen again.  It was a little thicker than I think it would have been to have been just fluid, but that's just my opinion.  This is scenario #1, or the best case scenario.

Scenario #2 is the worst case, which is that there is in fact a fistula between the small intestine and reproductive areas.  If it is this case, it will in fact happen again, be it sooner or later, and will require major abdominal surgery to fix it.  We are all hoping this is not the case as it would set me back at least 8 weeks in recovery. 

So now we wait.  I'm back to not driving again, as we don't want to exacerbate anything.  I've had more "stuff" come out since I started eating again.  I'm not contacting Dr. Lee right away though.  I'm going to wait until it either happens again or I start having a severe amount of pain, whichever comes first.  It's beyond frustrating that my body just won't be normal. 

If anything changes, I'll keep you posted. 

Love ya,


No comments:

Post a Comment