Thursday, August 19, 2010

which burns more calories...

Running and resistance band workouts, or chasing after a 2 yr old and getting set up for tour groups and brides in 3 inch heels? 

I'll give you a hint.  It's the latter.

This weekend kicked my butt.  I had every intention of working out on Sunday, but after my Saturday, my butt was wiped.  I started my Saturday with dusting and vacuuming the bridal suite at Benmarl, getting it all ready for the bride to arrive.  A quick change in the office, and I was out of my yoga gear and into my business attire, 3 inch heels and all.  I spent the remainder of the day carrying cases of wine, cases of glasses, getting any necessary things for the tour groups and wedding, going up and down hills, and up and down the cellar stairs.  I also had three bridal appointments, which meant showing the property around again and again, and again, and not taking a break.  With only a small breakfast and roast beef wrap for lunch, I'm pretty sure I burned up more than I ate on Saturday.  What I didn't count on was being so beat on Sunday that I didn't get in a workout at all.

BUT...

  since we are babysitting my 2 1/2 year old nephew, it's not exactly like I had a leisurely day off.  He is a very active child and chasing after him, carrying him up and down the stairs (he's about 28lbs), and generally keeping busy I think exempted me from a workout that day too.  It's so worth it, though, when he turns around and says "Auntie, thank you" with the biggest smile on his little face.  Oh, to be 2 again... 

Hopefully I didn't get too set back in my training.  With only 4 weeks to go, I need to get totally in to training mode once he's gone.  Saturdays will continue to be crazy with weddings and parties right up until I run the dash, so I'll continue to forgo working out on those days.  Still alternating with my sprint/walks and resistance band workouts for upper body strength.

That's all for now :)

B

http://www.warriordash.com/
http://www.ccfa.org/
http://www.windhammountain.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment